"Fair, Authoritative & Quick Valuation"
The Institution of Govt Approved Valuers (IGV) is registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 by the Registrar of Societies, Government of NCT of Delhi, vide Registration No 43936 dated 27.9.2002.
The Institution comprises of members who on the basis of their educational qualifications and experience are approved/ registered as valuers under Section 34 A B (2) of the Wealth Tax Act, 1957 by the Chief Commissioner/Director General, Income Tax, Central Board of Direct Taxes, Ministry of Finance, Govt of India and are competent to practise as valuers of the various types of movable and immovable properties and assets.
Main Valuation Categories
Various Purposes of Valuation
- To determine a person’s liability to public taxes like income tax, wealth tax, capital gains tax, property tax, vacant land tax, ground rent etc.
- Stamp duty payable for the transfer of property, Acquisition under Land Acquisition Act, liquidation.
- Reserve price for compulsory auctioning.
- Disinvestment by government and disposal of non-performing assets.
- Loans for construction of new building.
- Sale and purchase of property, determination of the cost of the building, rent fixation, family partition, insurance etc.
- Merger, demerge.
- Settlement of disputes.